FRACTIONS, DECIMALS, PERCENTS
Fractions, decimals and percentages are different ways of representing the same amount. There is often a need to convert one quantity to another.
Equivalent fractions are fractions that are worth exactly the same even though they are written differently.
EQUIVALENT FRACTIONS WORKSHEET 1
EQUIVALENT FRACTIONS WORKSHEET 2
Simplifying or Reducing fractions happens when the numerator and denominator in a fraction is divided by the same number.
REDUCING FRACTIONS WORKSHEET 1
REDUCING FRACTIONS WORKSHEET 2
CONVERTING % TO DECIMAL AND FRACTION
PERCENT TO FRACTION
1. Place percentage over 100
2. Reduce to lowest terms by dividing numerator and denominator by the same number
PERCENT TO DECIMAL
1. Remove the percentage sign
2. Move the decimal point two places to the left
3. Add a zero where appropriate
CONVERTING DECIMAL to percent & fraction
DECIMAL TO PERCENT
1. Move the decimal point two places to the right (same as multiplying by 100)
2. Add the % symbol
DECIMAL TO FRACTION
1. Determine the place value of the right-most digit in the decimal (0.62 - hundredths)
2. Write as a fraction over the appropriate place value amount (10, 100, 1000, etc)
3. Reduce to lowest terms